Published by SDI on 3rd July 2018 | Ref: 986774 | This Report Is In Stock
Future of the Afghan Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2023
Future of the Afghan Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2023, published by Strategic Defence Intelligence, provides readers with detailed analysis of both historic and forecast defense industry values, factors influencing demand, the challenges faced by industry participants, analysis of industry leading companies, and key news.
This report offers detailed analysis of Afghan defense industry with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Afghan defense industry market size and drivers: detailed analysis of Afghan defense industry during 2019-2023, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators for the industry. It also provides a snapshot of the country’s expenditure and modernization patterns
- Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country
- Porter’s Five Force analysis of Afghan defense industry: analysis of the market characteristics by determining the bargaining power of suppliers, bargaining power of buyers, threat of substitution, intensity of rivalry, and barriers to entry
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
- Market opportunities: details of the top five defense investment opportunities over the next 10 years
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of Afghan defense industry. It provides an overview of key players, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis
- After the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) left the country in 2014, Afghan security forces were made responsible for protecting the country. Afghanistan’s total defense expenditure decreased at a CAGR of -1.78% during the historic period, from US.4 billion in 2014 to US billion in 2018. Around 34% of the national budget was allocated to security expenditure in 2017, however, the negative CAGR was caused by a decrease in foreign aid which previously benefitted the security sector.
- Over the forecast period, the procurement of weapons, construction of infrastructure, and acquisition of assets are expected to drive capital expenditure. The average share of revenue expenditure is expected to be 89.4% over the forecast period, higher than the average share of 84.8% during 2014-2018. The country’s increased focus on Afghan armed forces training sessions and better military personnel pay has resulted in a higher share of the defense budget being allocated to revenue expenditure, a trend expected to continue over 2019-2023.
- The MoD is expected to invest in land-based C4ISR, man-portable and vehicular tactical communications, multi-mission helicopters, starionary tactical communication stations, and attack helicopters.
Reasons to buy
- This report will give the user confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of Afghan defense industry market trends for the coming five years
- The market opportunity section will inform the user about the various military requirements that are expected to generate revenues during the forecast period. The description includes technical specifications, recent orders, and the expected investment pattern by the country during the forecast period
- Detailed profiles of the top domestic and foreign defense manufacturers with information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins, and financial analysis wherever available. This will provide the user with a total competitive landscape of the sector
- A deep qualitative analysis of Afghan defense industry covering sections including demand drivers, Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Key Trends and Growth Stimulators, and latest industry contracts
Table of Contents
1. Introduction 7
1.1. What is this Report About? 7
1.2. Definitions 7
1.3. Summary Methodology 9
1.4. About Strategic Defence Intelligence 10
2. Executive Summary 11
3. Market Attractiveness and Emerging Opportunities 12
3.1. Current Market Scenario 13
3.2. Defense Market Size Historical and Forecast 23
3.3. Analysis of Defense Budget Allocation 31
3.4. Homeland Security Market Size and Forecast 37
3.5. Benchmarking Against Key Global Markets 45
3.6. Market Opportunities: Key Trends and Growth Stimulators 49
4. Defense Procurement Market Dynamics 53
4.1. Import Market Dynamics 55
4.2. Export Market Dynamics 58
5. Industry Dynamics 59
5.1. Five Forces Analysis 59
6. Market Entry Strategy 61
6.1. Budget process 61
6.2. Procurement Policy and Process 62
6.3. Market Regulation 63
6.4. Market Entry Route 64
6.5. Key Challenges 65
7. Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights 66
7.1. Competitive Landscape Overview 66
7.2. Key Companies 68
8. Business Environment and Country Risk 76
8.1. Economic Performance 76
9. Appendix 89
9.1. About SDI 89
9.2. Disclaimer 89
986774 | DF0506MR
Download our FREE report summary PDF. It contains all the information on these web pages, plus a Proforma Invoice request form, should you need it to satisfy your company's internal order procedures.
Orders are processed immediately and you will be notified of the despatch date on confirmation of your order.
Buy now using our secure payment system.