Published by SDI on 18th May 2018 | Ref: 954475 | This Report Is In Stock
Future of the US Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2023
The Future of the US Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2023, published by Strategic Defence Intelligence, provides readers with detailed analysis of both historic and forecast defense industry values, factors influencing demand, the challenges faced by industry participants, analysis of industry leading companies, and key news.
This report offers detailed analysis of the US defense industry with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- The US defense industry market size and drivers: detailed analysis of the US defense industry during 2019-2023, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators for the industry. It also provides a snapshot of the country’s expenditure and modernization patterns
- Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget with respect to capital expenditure and revenue expenditure. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country
- Porter’s Five Force analysis of the US defense industry: analysis of the market characteristics by determining the bargaining power of suppliers, bargaining power of buyers, threat of substitution, intensity of rivalry, and barriers to entry
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
- Market opportunities: details of the top five defense investment opportunities over the next 10 years
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the US defense industry. It provides an overview of key players, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis
- Being the largest defense spender in the world, with a budget of US9.2 billion in 2018, the US is expected to sustain its superiority over other nations in the coming years. During the historic period, the total defense budget, including funding for Overseas Contingency Operations (OCO), was relatively high, registering a CAGR of 2.39% due to the increasing instability fuelled by events such as the Russian annexation of Crimea, the festering status quo in civil war Ukraine and the devolving security situation in Syria.
- Between 2014 and 2018, the US allocated an average of 35% of its total defense budget to capital expenditure, primarily to fulfill the equipment needs of its overseas contingency during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. However, with the country expected to focus on the replacement of damaged and obsolete defense equipment rather than on war needs, the capital expenditure is estimated to average 37.5% over the forecast period. Consequently, the share of revenue expenditure is expected to average 62.5% during the forecast period as compared to 65% during 2014-2018.
- Oppurtunities are expected to emerge in Land-Based C4ISR, Critical Infrastructure Protection-Physical Security and Network Security, Multirole Aircraft and Airborne C4ISR
Reasons to buy
- This report will give the user confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the US defense industry market trends for the coming five years
- The market opportunity section will inform the user about the various military requirements that are expected to generate revenues during the forecast period. The description includes technical specifications, recent orders, and the expected investment pattern by the country during the forecast period
- Detailed profiles of the top domestic and foreign defense manufacturers with information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins, and financial analysis wherever available. This will provide the user with a total competitive landscape of the sector
- A deep qualitative analysis of the US defense industry covering sections including demand drivers, Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Key Trends and Growth Stimulators, and latest industry contracts
Table of Contents
1. Introduction 12
1.1. What is this Report bout? 12
1.2. Definitions 12
1.3. Summary Methodology 14
1.4. About Strategic Defence Intelligence 15
2. Executive Summary 16
3. Market Attractiveness and Emerging Opportunities 18
3.1. Current Market Scenario 19
3.2. Defense Market Size Historical and Forecast 43
3.3. Analysis of Defense Budget Allocation 52
3.4. Homeland Security Market Size and Forecast 69
3.5. Benchmarking with Key Global Markets 77
3.6. Market Opportunities: Key Trends and Growth Stimulators 81
4. Defense Procurement Market Dynamics 88
4.1. Import Market Dynamics 90
4.2. Export Market Dynamics 94
5. Industry Dynamics 100
5.1. Five Forces Analysis 100
6. Market Entry Strategy 103
6.1. Market Regulation 103
6.2. Market Entry Route 105
6.3. Key Challenges 113
7. Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights 114
7.1. Competitive Landscape Overview 114
7.2. Domestic Public Companies 117
7.3. Domestic Private Companies 205
8. Business Environment and Country Risk 226
8.1. Economic Performance 226
9. Appendix 241
9.1. About SDI 241
9.2. Disclaimer 241
954475 | DF0491MR
Download our FREE report summary PDF. It contains all the information on these web pages, plus a Proforma Invoice request form, should you need it to satisfy your company's internal order procedures.
Orders are processed immediately and you will be notified of the despatch date on confirmation of your order.
Buy now using our secure payment system.