Published by SDI on 11th May 2018 | Ref: 944259 | This Report Is In Stock
The Future of the Russian Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2023
The Future of the Russian Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2023, published by Strategic Defence Intelligence, provides readers with detailed analysis of both historic and forecast defense industry values, factors influencing demand, the challenges faced by industry participants, analysis of industry leading companies, and key news.
This report offers detailed analysis of the Russian defense industry with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- The Russian defense industry market size and drivers: detailed analysis of the Russian defense industry during 2018-2023, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators for the industry. It also provides a snapshot of the country’s expenditure and modernization patterns
- Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget with respect to capital expenditure and revenue expenditure. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country
- Porter’s Five Force analysis of the Russian defense industry: analysis of the market characteristics by determining the bargaining power of suppliers, bargaining power of buyers, threat of substitution, intensity of rivalry, and barriers to entry
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
- Market opportunities: details of the top five defense investment opportunities over the next 10 years
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the Russian defense industry. It provides an overview of key players, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis
- Russia’s defense expenditure in 2018 values US.9 billion, recording a CAGR of -5.79% during the historic period, and it is expected to cumulatively value US8.5 billion over the forecast period. Russia has the world’s longest land border, which it shares with 16 other countries, along with maritime borders with Japan, via the sea of Okhotsk, and the US state of Alaska, across the Bering Strait. The country places the utmost importance on the protection of its borders and critical infrastructure, which covers a large geographical area that is rich in natural resources.
- During the historic period, the Russian Government allocated an average of 50.7% of its total defense budget to capital expenditure and the remaining 49.3% to revenue expenditure. Capital expenditure is expected to increase during the forecast period to an average of 58.2%, due to the adoption of State armaments program 2018-2027 in the year 2017.
- The MoD is expected to invest in land based ISR, Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP), and airborne C4ISR capabilities.
Reasons to buy
- This report will give the user confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the Russian defense industry market trends for the coming five years
- The market opportunity section will inform the user about the various military requirements that are expected to generate revenues during the forecast period. The description includes technical specifications, recent orders, and the expected investment pattern by the country during the forecast period
- Detailed profiles of the top domestic and foreign defense manufacturers with information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins, and financial analysis wherever available. This will provide the user with a total competitive landscape of the sector
- A deep qualitative analysis of the Russian defense industry covering sections including demand drivers, Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Key Trends and Growth Stimulators, and latest industry contracts
Table of Contents
1 Introduction 10
1.1 What is this Report About? 10
1.2 Definitions 10
1.3 Summary Methodology 12
1.4 About Strategic Defence Intelligence 13
2 Executive Summary 14
3 Market Attractiveness and Emerging Opportunities 18
3.1 Current Market Scenario 19
3.2 Defense Market Size Historical and Forecast 56
3.3 Analysis of Defense Budget Allocation 64
3.4 Homeland Security Market Size and Forecast 70
3.5 Benchmarking with Key Global Markets 78
3.6 Market Opportunities: Key Trends and Growth Stimulators 82
4 Defense Procurement Market Dynamics 88
4.1 Import Market Dynamics 89
4.2 Export Market Dynamics 93
5 Industry Dynamics 96
5.1 Five Forces Analysis 96
6 Market Entry Strategy 98
6.1 Market Regulation 98
6.2 Market Entry Route 99
6.3 Key Challenges 103
7 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights 104
7.1 Competitive Landscape Overview 104
7.2 Key Domestic Companies 107
8 Business Environment and Country Risk 155
8.1 Economic Performance 155
9 Appendix 171
9.1 About SDI 171
9.2 Disclaimer 171
944259 | DF0496MR
Download our FREE report summary PDF. It contains all the information on these web pages, plus a Proforma Invoice request form, should you need it to satisfy your company's internal order procedures.
Orders are processed immediately and you will be notified of the despatch date on confirmation of your order.
Buy now using our secure payment system.