Published by Global Data on 27th December 2018 | Ref: 1127722 | This Report Is In Stock
Brighthouse Financial, Inc. (BHF) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Brighthouse Financial, Inc. (Brighthouse Financial) is a provider of annuity products and life insurance in the US. Its annuity products include fixed, index-linked, variable and income annuities. The company also offers a range of life insurance products which includes term life, universal life, whole life and variable life products. The company offers its products and services through multiple independent distribution channels and marketing arrangements with an extensive network of distribution partners. Brighthouse Financial’s run-off business includes operations related to products that are not actively sold and separately managed. The company is headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, the US.
In FY2017, the company reported premium earnings of US,412 million, which indicates a decline of 5.7% over FY2016.
Brighthouse Financial, Inc. Key Recent Developments
Aug 06,2018: Brighthouse Financial announces second quarter 2018 results
Jun 04,2018: Brighthouse Financial Names Conor Murphy Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
May 07,2018: Brighthouse Financial Announces First Quarter 2018 Results
Feb 13,2018: Brighthouse Financial reports Q4 2017 financial results
Apr 20,2017: Metlife’s chief accounting officer to become Brighthouse COO
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Brighthouse Financial, Inc. - Key Facts 6
Brighthouse Financial, Inc. - Key Employees 7
Brighthouse Financial, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies 8
Brighthouse Financial, Inc. - Major Products and Services 10
Brighthouse Financial, Inc. - History 11
Brighthouse Financial, Inc. - Company Statement 12
Brighthouse Financial, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries 13
Head Office 13
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 13
Section 2 – Company Analysis 14
Company Overview 14
Brighthouse Financial, Inc. - Business Description 15
Business Segment: Annuities 15
Business Segment: Corporate & Other 15
Business Segment: Life 15
Key Strategies 15
Business Segment: Run-off 16
Brighthouse Financial, Inc. - Corporate Strategy 17
Brighthouse Financial, Inc. - SWOT Analysis 18
SWOT Analysis - Overview 18
Brighthouse Financial, Inc. - Strengths 18
Brighthouse Financial, Inc. - Weaknesses 19
Brighthouse Financial, Inc. - Opportunities 20
Brighthouse Financial, Inc. - Threats 21
Brighthouse Financial, Inc. - Key Competitors 22
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 23
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 23
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 24
Performance Chart 26
Financial Performance 26
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 27
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 28
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments 29
Aug 06, 2018: Brighthouse Financial announces second quarter 2018 results 29
Jun 04, 2018: Brighthouse Financial Names Conor Murphy Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer 31
May 07, 2018: Brighthouse Financial Announces First Quarter 2018 Results 32
Section 5 – Appendix 34
Ratio Definitions 34
About GlobalData 38
Contact Us 38
1127722 | GDFS3403247FSA
Download our FREE report summary PDF. It contains all the information on these web pages, plus a Proforma Invoice request form, should you need it to satisfy your company's internal order procedures.
Orders are processed immediately and you will be notified of the despatch date on confirmation of your order.
Buy now using our secure payment system.