Published by Global Data on 27th September 2018 | Ref: 1107268 | This Report Is In Stock
Hot Topic: Frozen Food - 2018
"Hot Topic: Frozen Food - 2018", report provides in-depth analysis of the following: the hot issues affecting the market, strategies for success, key trends, retailer profiles, and consumer data. Consumer data is based on our 2018 frozen food survey, using a panel of 2,000 nationally representative UK consumers.
This report offers comprehensive insight into the frozen food market in the UK, analysing the market drivers and inhibitors, the major players, the main trends, and consumer attitudes.
- Older shoppers remain more likely to purchase frozen food, but tend to spend a lower proportion of their total food spend on frozen goods than younger shoppers. 78.1% of 55+ frozen shoppers spend less than 20.0% of food spend on frozen.
- Females are more likely to purchase frozen food than males, and are motivated by frozen food lasting longer (58.4%) and having frozen food ‘just in case’ (64.8%).
- 22.1% of shoppers buy frozen food from a different supermarket than their usual grocer, driven by range (62.5%) and price (43.1%).
- Non-food retailers are growing their frozen food proposition through acquisitions and partnerships with frozen food specialists, with The Range trialling Iceland concessions and B&M purchasing Heron Foods.
Reasons to buy
- Determine the market drivers and inhibitors, including premiumisation, quality perception and social media, in order to gather insight into strategies for future success.
- Understand how non-food retailers are pushing into the frozen food market with concessions, partnerships and acquisitions, providing you with a clearer view of how market changes will present opportunities for expanding relationships.
- Learn the differences in demographic behaviour within frozen food, and why older shoppers remain more likely to purchase frozen goods, allowing you to better tailor product ranges to maximise sales.
- Recognise consumer motivators within frozen food and learn why a high proportion of shoppers switch for frozen food purchases, providing a basis for you to create strategies that help retain customers.
Table of Contents
THE HOT ISSUES
Market drivers and inhibitors in frozen food
Strategies for success
Main issues in frozen food:
Non-food discounters are growing their frozen proposition through acquisitions and partnerships
Consumers are willing to increase shopping time, and number of visits, to decrease overall spend
Category dynamics, market size, 2013-2023e
The Big Four - Tesco, Sainsbury's, ASDA, Morrisons
The discounters - Aldi and Lidl
The frozen food specialists - Iceland and Farmfoods
Retailer comparison - future outlook to 2019
Consumer purchase penetration
Frozen food purchase frequency
Consumer purchase penetration by sub-category
Frozen food as a proportion of total food & grocery spend
Purchase motivators for frozen food
Retailer usage for frozen food
Proportion of consumers changing retailer to buy frozen food
Motivators for switching retailer for frozen food purchases
Consumer dietary requirements
Consumer purchase penetration by diet
Consumer improvement suggestions for frozen food departments
Motivators for not purchasing frozen food
Consumer survey information
1107268 | VR0183SR
Published by Timetric
Published by Prof Research
Industrial Fire Brigade Training Program and Services Market by Training Mode, training Topic, Training Type, Training Level, Industry Vertical, Fire Protection System (Products, Vertical) - Global Forecast to 2022
Published by MarketsandMarkets
Published by Global Data
Download our FREE report summary PDF. It contains all the information on these web pages, plus a Proforma Invoice request form, should you need it to satisfy your company's internal order procedures.
Orders are processed immediately and you will be notified of the despatch date on confirmation of your order.
Buy now using our secure payment system.