Published by Global Data on 30th April 2018 | Ref: 1107262 | This Report Is In Stock
Tobacco Insights: April 2018
"Tobacco Insights: April 2018", provides news and analysis related to events in the Tobacco sector throughout the month of March. Highlights include new product launches, mergers and acquisitions, the latest news on the global debate on e-cigarettes and regional and national tobacco news from the month of March from around the globe.
The World Conference on Tobacco or Health (WCTH) held its 17th conference in South Africa on March 7-9, 2018 and has called upon governments to develop plans by 2021 for phasing out the sale of tobacco products. Furthermore, it is urging governments, scientists, research entities, foundations, and civil-society organizations to reject or cease engagement with the Philip Morris International-funded Foundation for a Smoke-free World and other similar initiatives of the tobacco industry. The WCTH claims the global economic cost of smoking amounted to nearly US trillion and 2% of the world’s GDP in 2016.
- Bloomberg Philanthropies will provide US million to fund the launch of Stopping Tobacco Organizations and Products (STOP), where a new global watchdog will, according to Bloomberg, aggressively monitor what it describes as deceptive tobacco industry tactics and practices to undermine public health.
- STOP will deliver regular reports detailing tactics and strategies, and will provide tools and training materials for countries to combat the tobacco industry’s influence.
- Findings will be publicly available and aligned with Article 5.3 of the World Health Organization’s Framework Convention on Tobacco Control. Bloomberg Philanthropies are also pushing for the extended use of alternative products, such as heat-not-burn and e-cigarettes, as cessation devices, although they state that the evidence continues to remain inconclusive.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
1. A Global Perspective
1.1. Cigarette Consumption and Production
2. Global News
2.1. World News
2.5. Middle East
2.6. North America
2.7. South and Central America
3. Analysis of Recent Product Development
3.1. Toscanello - Toscana Cigars - Coffee
3.2. Flavours - Unlimited E-Juice - Raspberry Shisha
3.3. Sampoerna A - Cigarettes - Platinum
3.4. Huanghelou - Xizhi Xiangyan Xianliangban Lihe - Shenghuo
3.5. Marlboro Ice - Cigarettes - Menthol
3.6. Pastry Vapors - Premium E-Juice - Ube Leche Flan
3.7. Huanghelou - Xizhi Xiangyan - Tianxia Shengjing
4. Company News
4.1. Altria Group Inc.
4.2. British American Tobacco
4.3. Burmese Tobacco Trading Co.
4.4. Imperial Brands
4.5. Japan Tobacco Inc.
4.6. Japan Tobacco International
4.7. Philip Morris International
4.9. Swedish Match
4.11. Thailand Tobacco Monopoly
5. What the tobacco industry can do to tackle the prolonged issue of counterfeit cigarettes
5.1. Illicit cigarettes resulting in shrinking market value
5.2. Companies believe high tobacco taxes are to blame for the growth of illicit cigarettes
5.3. How to tackle counterfeit cigarette trade
6.1. About GlobalData
1107262 | TI0051MR
Download our FREE report summary PDF. It contains all the information on these web pages, plus a Proforma Invoice request form, should you need it to satisfy your company's internal order procedures.
Orders are processed immediately and you will be notified of the despatch date on confirmation of your order.
Buy now using our secure payment system.