Published by Global Data on 20th November 2018 | Ref: 1107257 | This Report Is In Stock
The Insurance Industry in Malawi, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2022
GlobalData’s 'The Insurance Industry in Malawi, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2022' report provides detailed analysis of the market trends, drivers and challenges in the Malawian insurance industry.
It provides key performance indicators such as written premium and claims during the review period (2013-2017) and forecast period (2017-2022).
The report also analyzes distribution channels operating in the segment, gives a comprehensive overview of the Malawian economy and demographics, and provides detailed information on the competitive landscape in the country.
The report brings together GlobalData’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on segment dynamics and competitive advantages, and profiles of insurers operating in the country. The report also includes details of insurance regulations, and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
Inside this report, we look at the top themes, its predictions and identify winners and losers.
This report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Malawian insurance industry, including -
- The Malawian insurance industry's growth prospects by segment and category
- A comprehensive overview of the Malawian economy and demographics
- Details of the competitive landscape in the Malawian insurance industry
- The various distribution channels in the Malawian insurance industry
- Details of regulatory policy applicable to the Malawian insurance industry
- Analysis of natural hazards in the Malawian insurance industry
- On October 11, 2017, the Government of Malawi issued the Insurance Directive 2017, which stipulates the classes of insurance to be operated in the country.
- On October 11, 2017, the Reserve Bank of Malawi (RBM) introduced three directives regarding an increase in minimum solvency requirements for life insurance, general insurance and reinsurance companies operating in the country.
- On October 3, 2017, the Government of Malawi issued Financial Services (Insurance Supervisory Levy) Regulations 2017. This comprises a minimum and maximum supervisory levy on insurers and insurance intermediaries.
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the insurance industry in Malawi.
- It provides historical values for the Malawian insurance industry for the report’s 2013-2017 review period, and projected figures for the 2017-2022 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key segments in the Malawian insurance industry, with market forecasts to 2022.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium and claims.
- It analyzes the various distribution channels in Malawi.
- It profiles the top insurance companies in Malawi, and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Malawian insurance industry and each segment and category within it.
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Malawian insurance industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Malawian insurance industry.
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics in key segments.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Malawian insurance industry and their impact on companies and the industry's future.
Table of Contents
1 Key Facts and Highlights
2 Executive Summary
3 Economy and Demographics
4 Industry Outlook
4.1 Industry Indicators
5 Life Insurance Outlook
5.1 Segment Indicators
5.2 Individual Life Insurance
6 General Insurance Outlook
6.1 Segment Indicators
6.2 Property Insurance
6.3 Motor Insurance
6.4 Personal Accident and Health Insurance
7 Reinsurance Outlook
7.1 Premium Ceded
8 Distribution Channel Outlook
9 Natural and Man-Made Hazards
10 Competitive Landscape
10.1 Company Profiles
11 Governance, Risk and Compliance
11.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
11.2 Latest Changes in Regulation
11.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
11.4 Compulsory Insurance
11.5 Supervision and Control
11.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
11.7 Company Registration and Operations
11.9 Legal System
12.1 Life Insurance
12.2 General Insurance
13 Definitions and Methodology
14 About GlobalData
14.1 Contact GlobalData
14.2 About GlobalData
14.3 GlobalData’s Services
1107257 | GDIS1808MR
Download our FREE report summary PDF. It contains all the information on these web pages, plus a Proforma Invoice request form, should you need it to satisfy your company's internal order procedures.
Orders are processed immediately and you will be notified of the despatch date on confirmation of your order.
Buy now using our secure payment system.