Published by Global Data on 30th November 2018 | Ref: 1107256 | This Report Is In Stock
The Insurance Industry in Namibia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2022
GlobalData’s 'The Insurance Industry in Namibia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2022' report provides detailed analysis of the market trends, drivers and challenges in the Namibian insurance industry.
It provides key performance indicators such as written premium and claims during the review period (2013-2017) and forecast period (2017-2022).
The report also analyzes distribution channels operating in the segment, gives a comprehensive overview of the Namibian economy and demographics, and provides detailed information on the competitive landscape in the country.
The report brings together GlobalData’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on segment dynamics and competitive advantages, and profiles of insurers operating in the country. The report also includes details of insurance regulations, and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
Inside this report, we look at the top themes, its predictions and identify winners and losers.
This report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Namibian insurance industry, including -
- The Namibian insurance industry's growth prospects by segment and category
- A comprehensive overview of the Namibian economy and demographics
- Details of the competitive landscape in the Namibian insurance industry
- The various distribution channels in the Namibian insurance industry
- Details of regulatory policy applicable to the Namibian insurance industry
- Analysis of natural hazards in the Namibian insurance industry
- On February 1, 2018, the Namibia Financial Institutions Supervisory Authority (NAMFISA) introduced an amendment which increased the limits for mandatory professional indemnity insurance.
- According to the NAMFISA Annual Report 2018, the number of life insurance intermediaries increased from 4,201 in 2016 to 4,998 in 2017, which comprised 4,385 agents and 613 brokers.
- As of 2017, the Namibian insurance industry comprised 16 life and general insurers and one reinsurer.
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the insurance industry in Namibia.
- It provides historical values for the Namibian insurance industry for the report’s 2013-2017 review period, and projected figures for the 2017-2022 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key segments in the Namibian insurance industry, with market forecasts to 2022.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium and claims.
- It analyzes the various distribution channels in Namibia.
- It profiles the top insurance companies in Namibia, and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Namibian insurance industry and each segment and category within it.
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Namibian insurance industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Namibian insurance industry.
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics in key segments.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Namibian insurance industry and their impact on companies and the industry's future.
Table of Contents
1 Key Facts and Highlights
2 Executive Summary
3 Economy and Demographics
4 Industry Outlook
4.1 Industry Indicators
5 Life Insurance Outlook
5.1 Segment Indicators
6 General Insurance Outlook
6.1 Segment Indicators
7 Reinsurance Outlook
7.1 Premium Ceded
8 Distribution Channel Outlook
9 Natural and Man-Made Hazards
10 Competitive Landscape
10.1 Company Profiles
11 Governance, Risk and Compliance
11.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
11.2 Latest Changes in Regulation
11.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
11.4 Compulsory Insurance
11.5 Supervision and Control
11.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
11.7 Company Registration and Operations
11.9 Legal System
12.1 Life Insurance
12.2 General Insurance
13 Definitions and Methodology
14 About GlobalData
14.1 Contact GlobalData
14.2 About GlobalData
14.3 GlobalData’s Services
1107256 | GDIS1804MR
Download our FREE report summary PDF. It contains all the information on these web pages, plus a Proforma Invoice request form, should you need it to satisfy your company's internal order procedures.
Orders are processed immediately and you will be notified of the despatch date on confirmation of your order.
Buy now using our secure payment system.