Published by Global Data on 11th October 2018 | Ref: 1107226 | This Report Is In Stock
Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Surinamese Insurance Industry
GlobalData’s 'Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Surinamese Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Suriname.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together GlobalData’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Suriname, including -
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Suriname.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Suriname.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
- The Surinamese insurance industry is supervised and regulated by the Central Bank of Suriname.
- 100% foreign direct investment is permitted in the Surinamese insurance industry.
- The government of Suriname has adopted a social security system in September, 2014.
- Non-admitted insurance is prohibited in Suriname. However, foreign reinsurers can operate on a cross-border basis provided the underwriting takes place outside Suriname.
- Motor third-party liability insurance, health insurance and workers compensation insurance are compulsory classes of insurance.
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Suriname.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
Reasons to buy
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Suriname.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Surinamese insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
Table of Contents
1.1 What is this Report About?
2 GOVERNANCE, RISK AND COMPLIANCE
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulation
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.9 Legal System
3.2 Contact GlobalData
3.3 About GlobalData
3.4 GlobalData’s Services
1107226 | GDIS0169RR
Download our FREE report summary PDF. It contains all the information on these web pages, plus a Proforma Invoice request form, should you need it to satisfy your company's internal order procedures.
Orders are processed immediately and you will be notified of the despatch date on confirmation of your order.
Buy now using our secure payment system.