Published by Global Data on 26th November 2018 | Ref: 1107205 | This Report Is In Stock
Country Profile: Make-up in India
GlobalData’s Country Profile report on the make-up sector in India provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
The Indian make-up sector is led by the lip make-up category in both value and volume terms in 2017. The category is also forecast to register the fastest value growth in value terms during 2017-2022. Department stores accounted for the leading share in the distribution of make-up products in the country. Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material, followed by glass and rigid metal. Unilever, L`Oreal S.A., Revlon, Inc. are the leading players in the Indian make-up sector.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2012-2022
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for eye make-up, face make-up, lip make-up, nail make-up, body care, depilatories, facial care, hand care and make-up remover with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2017-2022
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels in value terms in 2017
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as hypermarkets & supermarkets, department stores, convenience stores, drug stores & pharmacies, health & beauty stores, cash & carries and warehouse clubs, ‘dollar stores’, variety store & general merchandise retailers, vending machines, parapharmacies/drugstores , e-retailers, chemists/pharmacies, and other general retailers
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for pack materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal, glass and others; pack type data for: Bottle, tube, aerosol, tub, bag/sachet, and jar.
- Per capita consumption of make-up products is lower in India compared to both the global and regional levels
- The lip make-up category is expected to gain maximum market share in value terms during 2017-2022
- Department stores is the leading distribution channel in the Indian make-up
- Lakme is the leading brand in the Indian make-up sector
- Private label penetration is the highest in the nail make-up category
- Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material in the Indian make-up sector.
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.
Table of Contents
India in the global and regional context
India in the global and Asia-Pacific make-up sector
India compared to other leading countries in Asia-Pacific
Per capita consumption and expenditure - India compared to Asia-Pacific and global levels
Sector analysis - make-up
Country snapshot - make-up sector in India
Value and volume analysis - make-up sector in India
Cross category comparison - value and growth rate
Change in category share by value
Cross category comparison - volume and growth rate
Change in category share by volume
Per capita consumption analysis by category
Category analysis: eye make-up
Segment analysis (in value terms): eye make-up
Segment analysis (in volume terms): eye make-up
Category analysis: face make-up
Segment analysis (in value terms): face make-up
Segment analysis (in volume terms): face make-up
Category analysis: lip make-up
Segment analysis (in value terms): lip make-up
Segment analysis (in volume terms): lip make-up
Category analysis: nail make-up
Distribution channel share analysis: make-up
Distribution channel share analysis by category
Brand share analysis by sector
Brand share analysis by category
Private label share analysis by category
Growth of private labels compared to branded products
Degree of consolidation/fragmentation by category
Primary outer type
Economic Summary, Labor market trends and Demographic trends
GlobalData Country Risk Index (GCRI)
1107205 | CS4919MF
Download our FREE report summary PDF. It contains all the information on these web pages, plus a Proforma Invoice request form, should you need it to satisfy your company's internal order procedures.
Orders are processed immediately and you will be notified of the despatch date on confirmation of your order.
Buy now using our secure payment system.