Published by Global Data on 27th November 2018 | Ref: 1107204 | This Report Is In Stock
Country Profile: Cosmetics & Toiletries in India
GlobalData’s Country Profile report on the cosmetics & toiletries industry in India provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
The Indian cosmetics & toiletries industry is led by the haircare sector in value terms in 2017, while fragrances is forecast to register the fastest growth during 2017-2022. Convenience stores accounted for the largest value share in the distribution of cosmetics & toiletries products in the country. Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the sector, followed by rigid plastics. Kids & babies (0-15 years) accounted for the highest consumption of cosmetics & toiletries products in the country. Unilever, Procter & Gamble and Marico Ltd.are the leading market players in the industry.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2012-2022
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for feminine hygiene, fragrances, haircare, make-up, male toiletries, oral hygiene, personal hygiene, skincare and suncare with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2017-2022
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels in value terms in 2017
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as hypermarkets & supermarkets, health & beauty stores, department stores, convenience stores, drug stores & pharmacies, cash & carries and warehouse clubs, ‘dollar stores’, variety store & general merchandise retailers, vending machines, eretailers, and other general retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for pack materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal, glass and others; pack type data for: Bottle, tube, aerosol, tub, bag/sachet, and jar.
- Per capita consumption of cosmetics & toiletries industry is lower in India compared to both the global and regional levels
- The haircare sector is expected to gain maximum market share in value terms during 2017-2022
- Convenience stores is the leading distribution channel in the Indian cosmetics & toiletries industry
- Parachute is the leading brand in the Indian cosmetics & toiletries industry
- Private label penetration is the highest in the make-up sector
- Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the Indian cosmetics & toiletries industry.
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.
Table of Contents
India in the global and regional context
India in the global and Asia-Pacific cosmetics & toiletries industry
India compared to other leading countries in Asia-Pacific
Per capita consumption and expenditure - India compared to Asia-Pacific and global level
Industry analysis - cosmetics & toiletries
Country snapshot - cosmetics & toiletries industry in India
Value and volume analysis - cosmetics & toiletries industry in India
Cross sector comparison - value and growth rate
Change in sector share by value
Cross sector comparison - volume and growth rate
Change in sector share by volume
Per capita consumption analysis by sector
Sector analysis: feminine hygiene
Category analysis (in value terms): feminine hygiene
Category analysis (in volume terms): feminine hygiene
Sector analysis: fragrances
Category analysis (in value terms): fragrances
Category analysis (in volume terms): fragrances
Sector analysis: haircare
Category analysis (in value terms): haircare
Category analysis (in volume terms): haircare
Sector analysis: make-up
Category analysis (in value terms): make-up
Category analysis (in volume terms): make-up
Sector analysis: male toiletries
Category analysis (in value terms): male toiletries
Category analysis (in volume terms): male toiletries
Sector analysis: oral hygiene
Category analysis (in value terms): oral hygiene
Category analysis (in volume terms): oral hygiene
Sector analysis: personal hygiene
Category analysis (in value terms): personal hygiene
Category analysis (in volume terms): personal hygiene
Sector analysis: skincare
Category analysis (in value terms): skincare
Category analysis (in volume terms): skincare
Sector analysis: suncare
Category analysis (in value terms): suncare
Category analysis (in volume terms): suncare
Distribution channel share analysis: cosmetics & toiletries
Distribution channel share analysis by sector
Brand share analysis by industry
Brand share analysis by sector
Private label share analysis by sector
Growth of private label compared to branded products
Degree of consolidation/fragmentation by sector
Primary outer type
The Indian cosmetics & toiletries industry - demographic analysis
Economic summary, labor market trends and demographic trends
Globaldata country risk index (GCRI)
1107204 | CS4889MF
Download our FREE report summary PDF. It contains all the information on these web pages, plus a Proforma Invoice request form, should you need it to satisfy your company's internal order procedures.
Orders are processed immediately and you will be notified of the despatch date on confirmation of your order.
Buy now using our secure payment system.