Published by Global Data on 30th October 2018 | Ref: 1107198 | This Report Is In Stock
Cigarettes in Pakistan, 2018
"Cigarettes in Pakistan, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Pakistan market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Pakistan is an important market for tobacco products, but cigarettes compete with a range of other tobacco products (pan, bidis, chewing tobacco/snuff, and shisha) for business. The market suffers from a substantial illegal trade, comprising chronic under-recording of production by some smaller manufacturers as well as smuggling and counterfeit production.
- There are reported to be around 55 domestic manufacturers in Pakistan, but two manufacturers dominate the duty paid market, namely Pakistan Tobacco Company (PTC), which is a subsidiary of British American Tobacco and Philip Morris Pakistan which is owned by PMI.
- The government is taking an increasingly tough stance over smoking. The legitimate, duty-paid market for cigarettes in Pakistan has suffered badly during the past few years.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 7
3. Market Structure 15
4. Manufacturers & Brands 19
5. Taxation & Retail Prices 27
5.1. Taxation 27
5.2. Retail Prices 29
6. The Smoking Population 32
7. Production & Trade 36
7.1. Production 36
7.2. Imports 39
7.3. Exports 42
8. Operating Constraints 45
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 45
8.2. Health Warnings 45
8.3. Other Restrictions 47
9. Company Profiles 49
10. Prospects & Forecasts 51
11. Appendix 54
11.1. What is this Report About? 54
11.2. Time Frame 55
11.3. Product Category Coverage 56
11.4. Methodology 57
11.5. About GlobalData 59
11.6. Disclaimer 60
11.7. Contact Us 61
1107198 | GDCG0425MR
Published by Global Data
Download our FREE report summary PDF. It contains all the information on these web pages, plus a Proforma Invoice request form, should you need it to satisfy your company's internal order procedures.
Orders are processed immediately and you will be notified of the despatch date on confirmation of your order.
Buy now using our secure payment system.