Published by Global Data on 13th November 2018 | Ref: 1107196 | This Report Is In Stock
Cigarettes in Sri Lanka, 2018
"Cigarettes in Sri Lanka, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Sri Lankan market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
The Sri Lankan cigarette market has suffered mixed fortunes in recent times. After seeing strong growth in 2010 and 2011, the sector was badly hit by tax rises in 2012 which reduced sales by 3.8%, with a further fall in volumes of 5.4% following in 2013. Further, more serious problems have followed since 2014 a growing number of smoker’s downtrading to beedies. Volumes are forecast to have dropped back to 3.15 billion pieces in 2017 impacted badly by the introduction of VAT on cigarettes in 2016.
- The cigarette smoking population had been broadly stable although recently there is evidence that the percentage of adults is falling.
- Sri Lanka has only one significant domestic cigarette manufacturer: the 84%-owned BAT subsidiary Ceylon Tobacco Company (CTC).
- Imports and exports are of little importance to the overall market. Imports are low due to the high tariff on entry while exports are restricted to the Maldives, meaning quantities are small.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 6
3. Market Structure 13
4. Manufacturers & Brands 16
5. Taxation & Retail 21
5.1. Taxation 21
5.2. Retail Prices 25
6. The Smoking Population 27
7. Production & Trade 31
7.1. Production 31
7.2. Imports 34
7.3. Exports 38
8. Operating Constraints 42
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 42
8.2. Health Warnings 43
8.3. Other Restrictions 44
9. Company Profiles 45
10. Prospects & Forecasts 46
11. Appendix 48
11.1. What is this Report About? 48
11.2. Time Frame 48
11.3. Product Category Coverage 48
11.4. Methodology 49
11.5. About GlobalData 51
11.6. Disclaimer 52
11.7. Contact Us 53
1107196 | CG0600MR
Published by Global Data
Download our FREE report summary PDF. It contains all the information on these web pages, plus a Proforma Invoice request form, should you need it to satisfy your company's internal order procedures.
Orders are processed immediately and you will be notified of the despatch date on confirmation of your order.
Buy now using our secure payment system.