Published by Global Data on 8th October 2018 | Ref: 1107192 | This Report Is In Stock
Cigarettes in Belarus, 2018
"Cigarettes in Belarus, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Belarus market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Belarus, like many other of the former Soviet Republics, suffered badly during the early 1990s after the break-up of the Soviet Union and the resultant economic turbulence. The cigarette market was not immune to these developments, which impacted on production and supply as well as demand. Sales dropped from over 17,291 million pieces at the beginning of the decade to a low point of 15,692 million pieces by 2000. Subsequently, economic growth and investment in production together with decreased imports have improved the supply situation with official sales increasing to 28,555 million pieces in 2011 before being driven down by rising prices to 21,450 million pieces in 2016 and a forecast 20,000 million pieces in 2017.
- The market is largely controlled by the government through a combination of annual production quotas, import restrictions, and price control.
- The market is principally supplied by two local companies, GTF Newman and OOO Tabak-Invest, and multinationals of which JTI and BAT are the most important.
- A new system of taxation based price was introduced in 2017.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 6
3. Market Structure 13
4. Manufacturers & Brands 16
5. Taxation & Retail Prices 25
5.1. Taxation 25
5.2. Retail Prices 27
6. The Smoking Population 34
7. Production and Trade 37
7.1. Production 37
7.2. Imports 41
7.3. Exports 46
8. Operating Constraints 50
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 50
8.2. Health Warnings 51
8.3. Other Restrictions 51
9. Company Profiles 53
10. Prospects & Forecasts 55
11. Appendix 57
11.1. What is this Report About? 57
11.2. Time Frame 57
11.3. Product Category Coverage 57
11.4. Methodology 58
11.5. About GlobalData 59
11.6. Disclaimer 59
11.7. Contact Us 60
1107192 | CG0551MR
Published by Global Data
Download our FREE report summary PDF. It contains all the information on these web pages, plus a Proforma Invoice request form, should you need it to satisfy your company's internal order procedures.
Orders are processed immediately and you will be notified of the despatch date on confirmation of your order.
Buy now using our secure payment system.