Published by Global Data on 27th September 2018 | Ref: 1107191 | This Report Is In Stock
Cigarettes in Costa Rica, 2018
"Cigarettes in Costa Rica, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Costa Rican market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Costa Rica is a relatively small market for cigarettes with legitimate sales of 1.5 billion pieces in 2017, which is 27.1% down its levels in 1990. In per capita terms, consumption is moderate to low at 310 pieces per person in 2017, while per capita sales have fallen by 55.4% since 1990. There is a growing non-duty paid market, which amounts to a further 445 million pieces, bringing total annual sales to approximately two billion pieces.
- Following the closure of BAT's manufacturing facility in Costa Rica in 2000, the company transferred production to its subsidiary in Honduras.
- Taxation has been a key tool for the authorities to reduce tobacco consumption. There is now reported to be a sizeable, but largely unquantified, sector comprising non-duty paid cigarettes, with this seeming to be taking a growing percentage of sales from the legitimate sector.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 7
3. Market Structure 12
4. Manufacturers & Brands 14
5. Taxation & Retail Prices 18
5.1. Taxation 18
5.2. Retail Prices 19
6. The Smoking Population 20
7. Production & Trade 24
7.1. Production 24
7.2. Imports 27
7.3. Exports 31
8. Operating constraints 33
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 33
8.2. Health Warnings 34
8.3. Other Restrictions 35
9. Company Profiles 36
10. Prospects & Forecasts 38
11. Appendix 40
11.1. What is this Report About? 40
11.2. Time Frame 40
11.3. Product Category Coverage 40
11.4. Methodology 41
11.5. About GlobalData 43
11.6. Disclaimer 44
11.7. Contact Us 45
1107191 | CG0508MR
Published by Global Data
Download our FREE report summary PDF. It contains all the information on these web pages, plus a Proforma Invoice request form, should you need it to satisfy your company's internal order procedures.
Orders are processed immediately and you will be notified of the despatch date on confirmation of your order.
Buy now using our secure payment system.