Published by Global Data on 1st September 2018 | Ref: 1107188 | This Report Is In Stock
The UK Footwear Market 2018 - 2023
"The UK Footwear Market 2018 - 2023", report offers comprehensive insight and analysis of the footwear market (including forecasts up to 2023), the major players, the main trends, and consumer attitudes. It provides in-depth analysis of the following: the hot issues impacting the market, strategies for success, market sizes and forecasts, retailer profiles, retailer market shares, consumer data and future outlook. The report focuses on women’s footwear, men’s footwear and children’s footwear. Consumer data is based on our 2018 How Britain Shops survey using a panel of 10,000 nationally representative consumers, and also our 2018 UK clothing & footwear survey, using a panel of 5,000 nationally representative consumers.
The UK footwear market is forecast to rise to £8.4bn in 2018, with forecast growth of 10.0% between 2018 and 2023. The growing influence of fashion in men’s footwear, which is encouraging more frequent purchases, will lead to men’s footwear outperforming the overall sector over the next five years.
- Comfort and fit rank highly as purchase drivers, with 81.8% and 57.4% of footwear shoppers, respectively, citing these considerations as important when making footwear purchases.
- Despite men’s footwear driving growth out to 2023, women’s footwear is the largest subsector, forecast to account for 49.1% of the market in 2018.
- JD Sports is forecast to maintain its position as market leader in 2018, holding a 1.4 percentage point lead over rival Sports Direct.
Reasons to buy
- Understand how the footwear shopping journey changes among different shopper demographics in order to maximise your sales potential.
- Glean how user-generated content can support online engagement in order to drive online conversion.
- Using our five year forecasts out to 2023, learn which channel in the footwear market will see the strongest growth in order to adapt your strategy to better position yourself against rivals.
- Identify consumer appetite for wide fit and comfort fit footwear to assess whether you should place more focus on these product categories.
Table of Contents
THE HOT ISSUES
Market drivers and inhibitors in footwear
Main issues in footwear:
Intensifying competition in footwear - new entrants and ones to watch
Utilising user-generated content online
Understanding the footwear shopper journey
Strategies for success
WHAT PEOPLE BUY
The sector at a glance
The sector in context
Overall sector size
Overall sector growth
Category growth in footwear
Category dynamics: women's footwear
Category dynamics: men's footwear
Category dynamics: children's footwear
Spend per head
Online market size and growth rates
WHERE PEOPLE BUY
Channels of distribution
Comparative metrics for leading players
Most visited footwear retailers
HOW & WHY PEOPLE SHOP
Who shops and where they are located
Which categories they buy
Channels used by consumers
Fulfilment methods used by consumers
Frequency of shopping
What's important when purchasing footwear
What drives footwear purchases
Likelihood of recommending a retailer to a friend
Wide fit footwear - who shops
Top 10 most shopped retailers for wide fit footwear
Comfort fit footwear - who shops
Top 10 most shopped retailers for comfort footwear
What is included
1107188 | VR0155SR
Download our FREE report summary PDF. It contains all the information on these web pages, plus a Proforma Invoice request form, should you need it to satisfy your company's internal order procedures.
Orders are processed immediately and you will be notified of the despatch date on confirmation of your order.
Buy now using our secure payment system.