Published by Global Data on 31st October 2018 | Ref: 1106983 | This Report Is In Stock
Ecuador Upstream Fiscal and Regulatory Report - Intracampos Round to Test New PSA Terms
Ecuador has introduced a new oil production-sharing contract for investment in its upstream sector. Following the adoption of the new regime, the government has opened the XII Intracampos Licensing Round in September 2018 to gauge investor appetite for the new terms and in the medium-to-long term is planning to launch four additional rounds, the fourth of which includes gas-prospective offshore acreage. Going forward, the government is also planning to introduce gas-specific legislation in the short term.
“Ecuador Upstream Fiscal and Regulatory Report - Intracampos Round to Test New PSA Terms”, presents the essential information relating to the terms which govern investment into Ecuador’s upstream oil and gas sector. The report sets out in detail the contractual framework under which firms must operate in the industry, clearly defining factors affecting profitability and quantifying the state’s take from hydrocarbon production. Considering political, economic and industry specific variables, the report also analyses future trends for Ecuador’s upstream oil and gas investment climate.
- Overview of current fiscal terms governing upstream oil and gas operations in Ecuador
- Assessment of the current fiscal regime’s state take and attractiveness to investors
- Charts illustrating the regime structure, and legal and institutional frameworks
- Detail on legal framework and governing bodies administering the industry
- Levels of upfront payments and taxation applicable to oil and gas production
- Information on application of fiscal and regulatory terms to specific licenses
- Outlook on future of fiscal and regulatory terms in Ecuador.
Reasons to buy
- Understand the complex regulations and contractual requirements applicable to Ecuador’s upstream oil and gas sector
- Evaluate factors determining profit levels in the industry
- Identify potential regulatory issues facing investors in the country’s upstream sector
- Utilize considered insight on future trends to inform decision-making.
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 1
1.1. List of Tables 3
1.2. List of Figures 3
2. Regime Overview 4
3. State Take Assessment 7
4. Key Fiscal Terms -Production Sharing Agreement 8
4.1. Bonuses and Fees 8
4.2. Royalties (Paid out of State Share) 8
4.3. Production Sharing 9
4.4. Sovereign Adjustment 11
4.5. Amazon Regional Eco-Development Fund 11
4.6. Additional Tax on Crude Oil Pipeline Transportation - Law 40 11
4.7. Direct Taxation 11
4.8. Indirect Taxation 13
4.9. Natural Gas 13
5. Key Fiscal Terms - Service Contracts 14
5.1. Initial Payments Before Remuneration 14
5.2. Remuneration 14
5.3. Additional Contributions (Contracts With Ministry Only) 17
5.4. Direct Taxation 17
5.5. Indirect Taxation 18
5.6. Natural Gas 18
6. Key Fiscal Terms - NOC Regime 19
7. Regulation and Licensing 20
7.1. Legal Framework 20
7.2. Institutional Framework 22
7.3. Licensing Process 23
7.4. License Terms 24
8. Outlook 27
9. Appendix 28
9.1. References 28
9.2. Contact Us 29
9.3. Disclaimer 29
1106983 | GDGE0150UFR
Download our FREE report summary PDF. It contains all the information on these web pages, plus a Proforma Invoice request form, should you need it to satisfy your company's internal order procedures.
Orders are processed immediately and you will be notified of the despatch date on confirmation of your order.
Buy now using our secure payment system.