Published by Global Data on 31st October 2018 | Ref: 1085750 | This Report Is In Stock
Sime Darby Bhd (SIME) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Sime Darby Bhd (Sime Darby) is a trading and logistics company. It provides diversified products and services through its subsidiaries, affiliates, and joint ventures. The company cultivates oil palm, rubber and sugarcane; rears cattle; and produces oil and fats. It also imports, assembles, and distributes commercial and passenger vehicles; and sells and rents new and used caterpillar equipment through its CAT rental stores. The company also develops and invests in commercial and industrial real estate properties; provides trading, engineering and technical, ports and logistics, and water management services; and operates in healthcare , insurance and retail businesses. The company operates in Malaysia, Singapore, China, Australasia and South East Asia, among others. Sime Darby is headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Sime Darby Bhd Key Recent Developments
May 25,2018: Sime Darby Reports Net Profit of RM135 Million For 3Q FY2017 2018
Feb 22,2018: Sime Darby Reports First Half-Year Net Profit Of RM320 million
Nov 16,2017: Sime Darby Q1 Consolidated Net Earnings increase 152 percent
Nov 16,2017: Sime Darby Q1 Consolidated Net Earnings increase 152 percent
Nov 15,2017: Sime Darby Announces Board And Senior Management Line Up
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Sime Darby Bhd - Key Facts 6
Sime Darby Bhd - Key Employees 7
Sime Darby Bhd - Key Employee Biographies 8
Sime Darby Bhd - Major Products and Services 9
Sime Darby Bhd - History 10
Sime Darby Bhd - Company Statement 14
Sime Darby Bhd - Locations And Subsidiaries 16
Head Office 16
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 16
Joint Venture 18
Section 2 – Company Analysis 19
Company Overview 19
Sime Darby Bhd - Business Description 20
Sime Darby Bhd - Corporate Strategy 21
Sime Darby Bhd - SWOT Analysis 22
SWOT Analysis - Overview 22
Sime Darby Bhd - Strengths 22
Sime Darby Bhd - Weaknesses 23
Sime Darby Bhd - Opportunities 24
Sime Darby Bhd - Threats 25
Sime Darby Bhd - Key Competitors 26
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 27
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 27
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 28
Performance Chart 31
Financial Performance 31
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 32
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 33
Section 4 – Company’s Power, Oil & Gas Financial Deals and Alliances 34
Sime Darby Bhd, Oil & Gas, Deals By Year, 2012 to YTD 2018 34
Sime Darby Bhd, Oil & Gas, Deals By Type, 2012 to YTD 2018 35
Sime Darby Bhd, Recent Deals Summary 36
Section 5 – Company’s Recent Developments 37
May 25, 2018: Sime Darby Reports Net Profit of RM135 Million For 3Q FY2017 2018 37
Feb 22, 2018: Sime Darby Reports First Half-Year Net Profit Of RM320 million 38
Nov 16, 2017: Sime Darby Q1 Consolidated Net Earnings increase 152 percent 39
Nov 16, 2017: Sime Darby Q1 Consolidated Net Earnings increase 152 percent 41
Nov 15, 2017: Sime Darby Announces Board And Senior Management Line Up 43
Nov 15, 2017: Sime Darby Announces Board And Senior Management Line Up 44
Sep 11, 2017: Sime Darby Announces Board And Senior Management Line Up For Plantation And Property Pure Plays 45
Aug 25, 2017: Sime Darby Beats KPI Target By 11 Percent For Financial Year Ended 30 June 2017 47
Aug 25, 2017: Sime Darby Announces Final Terms Of Its Restructuring Plans 49
Aug 11, 2017: Weifang Sime Darby Port Launches Liquid Terminal 50
Section 6 – Appendix 51
Ratio Definitions 51
About GlobalData 55
Contact Us 55
1085750 | GDGE32979FSA
Download our FREE report summary PDF. It contains all the information on these web pages, plus a Proforma Invoice request form, should you need it to satisfy your company's internal order procedures.
Orders are processed immediately and you will be notified of the despatch date on confirmation of your order.
Buy now using our secure payment system.