Published by SDI on 6th September 2018 | Ref: 1049423 | This Report Is In Stock
Future of the South African Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2023
The Future of the South African Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2023, published by Strategic Defence Intelligence, provides readers with detailed analysis of both historic and forecast defense industry values, factors influencing demand, the challenges faced by industry participants, analysis of industry leading companies, and key news.
This report offers detailed analysis of the South African defense industry with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- The South African defense industry market size and drivers: detailed analysis of the South African defense industry during 2019-2023, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators for the industry. It also provides a snapshot of the country’s expenditure and modernization patterns
- Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget with respect to capital expenditure and revenue expenditure. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
- Market opportunities:list of the top ten defense investment opportunities over the next 5 years
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the South African defense industry.
- South African military expenditure, which stands at US.9 billion in 2018, declined at a CAGR of -0.62% during 2014-2018.
- However, it is anticipated to register a CAGR of 4.80% over the forecast period, to value US.9 billion in 2023.
- The country is an active participant in stability and peacekeeping operations governed by the UN (United Nations), African Union, and the Southern African Development Community (SADC), and, as such, seeks higher expenditure for the defense sector.
- The country also seeks to replace its aging military equipment and improve border security and surveillance, which are further expected to drive defense expenditure over the forecast period.
- As a percentage of GDP, the country’s defense expenditure is expected to average 1.1% over the forecast period.
Reasons to buy
- This report will give the user confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the South African defense industry market trends for the coming five years
- The market opportunity section will inform the user about the various military requirements that are expected to generate revenues over the forecast period. The description includes technical specifications, recent orders, and the expected investment pattern by the country over the forecast period
- Profiles of the top domestic and foreign defense manufacturers . This will provide the user with a total competitive landscape of the sector
- A deep qualitative analysis of the South African defense industry covering sections including demand drivers, Key Trends , and latest industry contracts
Table of Contents
1. Introduction 8
1.1. What is this Report About? 8
1.2. Definitions 8
1.3. Summary Methodology 10
1.4. About Strategic Defense Intelligence 11
2. Executive Summary 12
3. Market Attractiveness and Emerging Opportunities 13
3.1. Current Market Scenario 14
3.2. Defense Market Size Historical and Forecast 23
3.3. Analysis of Defense Budget Allocation 29
3.4. Homeland Security Market Size and Forecast 40
3.5. Benchmarking with Key Global Markets 47
3.6. Market Opportunities: Key Trends and Growth Stimulators 51
4. Defense Procurement Market Dynamics 55
4.1. Import Market Dynamics 57
4.2. Export Market Dynamics 60
5. Industry Dynamics 63
5.1. Five Forces Analysis 63
6. Market Entry Strategy 66
6.1. Market Regulation 66
6.2. Market Entry Route 68
6.3. Key Challenges 70
7. Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights 71
7.1. Competitive Landscape Overview 71
7.2. Key Public Sector Companies 74
7.3. Key Private Sector Companies 82
8. Business Environment and Country Risk 100
8.1. Economic Performance 100
9. Appendix 116
9.1. About SDI 116
9.2. Disclaimer 116
1049423 | DF0519MR
Download our FREE report summary PDF. It contains all the information on these web pages, plus a Proforma Invoice request form, should you need it to satisfy your company's internal order procedures.
Orders are processed immediately and you will be notified of the despatch date on confirmation of your order.
Buy now using our secure payment system.